In 1938 a paper shed donated by the Anglo-Newfoundland Development Company (ANDCo) was used as a skating rink.
In January 1947 a piece of land behind the Botwood United Church was converted into a skating rink. It would be used for several winters.
After the Second World War..."The Drill Hall was acquired by the A.N.D. Company at the end of the war. They very generously granted the Botwood Amateur Athletic Association the use of the large steel framed building, which is now known as Botwood Stadium. The Drill Hall became property of the Town Council in November 1963." (source - http://botwood.tripod.com/waryears.html)
The stadium was later renamed the Harry Ivany Arena. Major renovations were made to the arena over several years beginning in 2009 and were completed in 2012.