Clarenville Arena History
The first artificial ice surface in Clarenville was opened in December 1959.
"The Clarenville Stadium was originally a livestock arena used for housing and selling livestock. In 1956, the owners realized the potential of the building as a hockey arena and bought ice making equipment from Bay Roberts, Newfoundland. They then converted the Clarenville Livestock Arena to the Clarenville Hockey Arena, also known as the Clarenville Stadium. All of the minor hockey teams, senior men's teams, curling teams and figure skating teams from Clarenville and surrounding area use the Clarenville Stadium to play and practice. " (Source: http://www.clarenvilleminorhockey.ca/didyouknow.php)
The Clarenville Events Centre (later renamed the Eastlink Events Centre) replaced the old arena and was officially opened in January 23, 2010 . The new arena has a 200′ x 85' ice surface and a capacity for 2,250 people (1,239 seating plus 1,000 standing room).