The Hardy Cup
1978 Hardy Cup Eastern Playdowns
The Gander Flyers played for the Col. J. Bourque Trophy in 1978 when they represented Newfoundland in the Eastern Intermediate 'A' Playoffs hosted by Fredericton, New Brunswick. They were eliminated after losses to Embrun Panthers and Campbellton Tigers.
- April 13, 1978 - Embrun Panthers 10 Gander Flyers 2
- April 14, 1978 - Campbellton Tigers 17 Gander Flyers 2
1989 Hardy Cup
As Eastern Canadian Intermediate Champions, the Mariners qualified to play for the Hardy Cup in 1989. The Canadian Intermediate A Championships were hosted by Port-aux-Basques at the Bruce Arena beginning on April 29, 1989. The best-of-seven championship series was between the Mariners and the Western Canadian Champion Kindersley Klippers from Saskatchewan. The Mariners won the series 4-games-to-1 and were awarded the Hardy Cup on May 3rd, 1989.
- Game 1: Sat Apr 29/89 Kindersley 5 Port aux Basques 6
- Game 2: Sun Apr 30/89 Kindersley 5 Port aux Basques 10
- Game 3: Mon May 1/89 Kindersley 5 Port aux Basques 6
- Game 4: Tue May 2/89 Kindersley 5 Port aux Basques 3
- Game 5: Wed May 3/89 Kindersley 2 Port aux Basques 7
Hardy Cup-winning roster
Ron Coleman (Coach)