NL Arenas opened during 1949-1969
- History: In 1948 a citizen's committee was formed to raise the necessary funds to build an arena to in honor of those Newfoundlanders who died in the Second World War. The committee raised $324K and the City of St. John's raised the remaining funds when the Government agreed to float a Bond for a total of almost $7M required to complete the Stadium.
- History: The first hockey game at Humber Gardens was an exhibition on Friday April 1, 1955 between Grand Falls Senior B All-Stars and the Bell Island All-Stars. Grand Falls won the first match 6-5. The Official opening was on September 22, 1955.
Conception Bay Arena
- History: On Foss Avenue, at the old Gander town site, an old Second World War drill hall was renovated and piping was installed to give the town its first artificial ice surface. Known as the Gander Gardens, the arena was officially opened on the airport on March 10, 1956. On opening night the Grand Falls Bees played Corner Brook in an exhibition game at the new Gardens. The visiting teams donated the gate receipts to Gander's fundraising committee to help pay for the project. Control of the ice rink was now taken over by the Gander Hockey Association. The second Gander Gardens operated until 1962.
- The Harbour Grace Kiwanis took the lead role in the two year project. The building cost $ 170,000 and had artificial ice via refrigeration piping connected to the nearby fish plant owned by Silas Moores. Better known as 'Harbour Grace Stadium', it was renamed S. W. Moores Memorial Stadium in honour of local businessman Silas Wilmot Moores who passed away in 1962.
Grand Bank Rink
- A rink committee, formed in the fall of 1958, built an open air rink and had it ready in early February 1959. Two or three games of hockey were played and skating sessions were held but due to unfavourable weather it was temporarily shut down but was to re-open. Not sure how much it operating after that. In February 1963 intertown games were played at Grand Bank on Burton's Cove Pond.
The Ernest Harmon (American) Air Force Base at Stephenville shut down at the end of 1966. A hangar was transformed into an ice arena in 1967 with an Olympic sized 200' x 100' ice surface. The Gardens operated from 1968 to 1999.